Thursday, December 11, 2014

My Favs on Thursdays - metaphore bags

Welcome to our weekly link up, that I have lacked very much participation in recently, where Katy Meghan and I link up to chat about our favs this week.

Today I can't wait to share my new fav bag with you. To start I want to say that I am bag-lady. Everything from luggage, to backpacks, sling packs, tote bags, cross body bags, you name it I have it. I own more bags than any other accessory and I am picky.

When I saw this bag on Etsy I immediately added it to my wish list.


I wanted something with a durable bottom, and leather accents. The hand-painted polka dots on the canvas are just the icing on a perfect cake. 

The tote is handmade in Turkey by Elif & Asiye. Let's start at the top. The straps are made from vegetable tanned leather and are the perfect length to carry as well as have good access to the bag when you are wearing it. The zipper is a great quality, and has a leather zipper pull which matches the straps. The body of the bag is made from an eco-canvas which they hand paint the polka dots on to (so cute) and last but not least the bottom is made from a thick waxed canvas. 

Having the waxed canvas bottom is such a bonus for this bag, because I am not worried about it when  I have to set it down. It also provides a great stability in the bag even when there isn't much inside. 

image via

The inside of the bag is lined in the same canvas that the outside is, with two HUGE pockets. The pockets fit an iPhone 6 (on it's side) and anything else you might need to grab quickly.

I could go on and on about the quality of the bag, but you should really just order one for yourself. Shop Metaphore here.

PS. I was not paid or compensated in anyway for this review, I just like to share my awesome finds with all of you.

Be sure to join the linkup below!

4 comments:

  1. I love the teal bottom. It looks super deep too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I like the idea of the waxed canvas bottom as well. Taking notes for my next sewing project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is so nice to have that extra protection

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is! I have been using it for meetings and service as well.

    ReplyDelete