Wednesday, October 22, 2014

5 Reasons Your Business Needs a WD My Cloud EX2



Alternate title to this post... 5 Reasons Why EVERYONE Needs a WD My Cloud EX2 because seriously, you will thank me after reading this post. We have all had those panic moments. Black screen on the computer, missing files, you completed the proofs on your desktop computer and brought your laptop with you, these are all problems that could be solved with your own personal cloud storage.

My business is completely on the computer. I am a graphic designer. Sure, sometimes ideas start on paper but they always end up saved in a file on my computer.

Not to freak you out - but have you ever thought about what would happen if your computer crashed and you lost all of your files. It would take us MONTHS to build back up all the designs we have, replace all of the invoices, and lost original custom orders. It would put DBN out of commission, and frankly I think I would be ready to throw in the towel.

That's why I am so thankful for the peace of mind that has come with having our own cloud storage. Now let's get into the 5 reasons your business needs one too!

ONE You can have anytime, anywhere access to all of your files. WD My Cloud mobile app users can easily view photos, stream video and share, save and manage files from anywhere on their iOS® and Android™ devices.
image via WDC.com
It doesn't matter that you saved the important file on your computer and you only have your iPhone with you. With your own personal cloud, everything that is linked to it is accessible. You can view and manage your personal cloud wherever you are.


TWO Already using another cloud storage option? WD has you covered. The WD My Cloud mobile app integrates major public cloud services so that business owners can easily transfer files from their Dropbox™, SkyDrive® and Google Drive™ public cloud accounts. It takes the guess work out of making the switch. This is so important because when you are running a small business, anything that will save you time is helpful!


THREE It's a one time fee. Once you purchase your My Cloud EX2, that's it. No monthly fees, for you to worry about.

FOUR The WD My Cloud EX2 has so much room to keep all of your devices backed up right out of the box. However, should you decide you need more storage it's so easy! All you need to do is attach a USB hard drive to the back of your device, and it's instantly got more room.


and maybe the best most important of all FIVE You hold all of the the control. No more illusive public cloud somewhere. When you use My Cloud EX2, all of your data is in one safe place on your personal network instead of floating around on a remote server you have no control over.

WD My Cloud EX2 Specifications include:

Capacity

• MAP is $199.99 USD for the diskless My Cloud EX2, $369.99 USD for 4 TB, $469.99 USD for 6 TB and $569.99 USD for 8 TB.

Compatibility

• Windows 8.1 or earlier, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP (32 bit) SP 3 operating systems
• Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion or Snow Leopard operating systems
• DLNA/UPnP devices for streaming
• Router with Internet connection

Package Includes

• Private cloud storage
• Ethernet cable
• AC adapter
• Quick install guide
• Assembly kit (included in 0 TB/diskless model)

Now that you are convinced you need your own personal cloud in your life, visit WD's website for all the info you need. You will be so glad you did!

Disclosure: I was sent the WD My Cloud Ex2 by Western Digital as part of a Linqia campaign, all opinions are my own

1 comment:

  1. I like that it's compatible with Dropbox. That would be important for me since I already have tons of my files there.

    ReplyDelete