Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Thoughts

 
Let's talk about lists. I love making lists, they make me more productive. I like checking things off of lists. I love my Planner Plus app, because when I check something off it shows up all crossed off and it makes me look like I have accomplished something with my week. 

I have a list a mile long of things I should be doing but really just don't feel like doing. I have a load of laundry in the dryer, a load in the washer, a messy house and a dishwasher that needs to be unloaded. I have a website half-done, new products half designed, and items half listed. I have emails that need to be responded to, guest posts that need to be typed up and custom orders need to be worked on. 

It can be hard not to get totally overwhelmed by lists, and all the things you have to do. The best thing I have tried to teach myself is that there are only so many things I want to can do in a day.

On Sunday's I try to take a little time to plan. I add two to four things that I have to do each day (everything from laundry, custom work ordering paper) that might get missed in the day to day hustle. Let's face it, I don't enjoy cleaning, or laundry, or sometimes the annoying stuff that comes along with running your own business. But when I can schedule myself out, it leaves more time to do the things that I want to do. Instead of ending up with a whole day on the weekend dedicated to doing all the tasks that got neglected during the week.

What's your secret to not getting to overwhelmed? I would love to hear!

1 comment:

  1. Oh me? I just let myself get overwhelmed. Can't stop this crazy train. :)

    ReplyDelete