Monday, September 8, 2014

Blog Tour

Jae, from Design OCD invited me to participate in a Blog Tour. Jae is an awesome interior design blogger who also makes a killer cocktail.

Her projects, like her guest bedroom before and after have been featured on Apartment Therapy
Before & After here
and this Watermelon Sangria she posted back in May makes my mouth water just reading the ingredients.




You can read her blog tour post here, and now it is my turn!

1. What am I working on?

I posted a sneak peak of some of our new products I have lined up on my instagram page last week.
I think I am most excited about those mugs. But those new cards take a close second. We are also working on our website to launch October 1st if all goes according to plan.

2. How does my work differ from those in my genre?

I work really hard not to copy others. With the introduction of Pinterest and Etsy the creative world has gotten much more copycats, but I really do try to stand out.

I have also recently started using a lot of my own drawings and handwriting in my newer designs like this new mug. But you can buy the art print here.

 

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

I started Designs by Nicolina when I couldn't find anything I loved for my friends bachelorette shower invites. I still create for that reason. I create what I want and hope there is someone out there who loves it as much as I do. 

4. How does your writing creative process work?
I am a no rough draft kind of girl. I just start typing and see where it takes me. Since I started committing to the blog more, I do find having a running list in my planner or on my phone helps get all of my good ideas in one place.

Now I am passing the blog tour on to Meghan of Hayes Days, she is one of the first people who believed my blog was a space worth putting more effort into.

3 comments:

  1. I'm stupid excited for your new products to be launched. And your website! Also...make all of those things happen for me too? Kthanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Nicole can also offer personal assisting and etsy shop explosion advice? ;) NO WAIT CAMERON SHOULD! Mr. Organization himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say I got a little teary eyed at the end? Your space is so amazing now. I'm always stalking for new stuff since I always LOVE IT ALL! Can't wait to do this next week!

    ReplyDelete