Tuesday, May 27, 2014

TIP TUESDAY #33 EMBED AN INSTAGRAM PHOTO


 This is a great tip for all of you bloggers out there! It is a really simple one, but sometimes the simple ones are the hardest to figure out.

Did you know that every Instagram user has a url? It is instagram.com/(insertusername) so for example mine is instagram.com/nicolinaw

This is what my page looks like...



Now let's say I wanted to share a picture from my page (but this works really well for sharing others users photos as well, as long as their profiles are public) and I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was from Instagram, and who was getting the credit.

I just find the photo I want to share, and click on it. The photo will open in a bigger screen like so...


then click on the [...] in the bottom right corner of the new window, right next to where it says leave a comment and click EMBED


Then another new window will pop up which contains the code for the image. Click COPY EMBED CODE



Since the embed code is now saved as your copy, just go into the HTML section of your blog, and paste the code where you want your picture to show up. It will then come through like this...

It shows the username of the instagram account, the # of likes and the # of comments as well.

As always leave any questions in the comment section and I will be sure to get back to you!

5 comments: