Friday, May 30, 2014

Five On Friday

I am taking a bit of a different approach for today's Five On Friday. I usually share some of the things that I have done this week or are looking forward to doing over the weekend. But today I am want to talk about Five things I don't know anything about but wish I did.

I think my number ONE thing I wish I knew how to do is sew. Watching those mice whip up Cindy's dress seemed so easy - but I opened a pattern once and had no clue what was going on.
It is one of those things I have always wanted to do, always meant to do and never did.

TWO Calligraphy. I am not sure if I have shared the story of my horrible handwriting as a child, and how my Mom made me practice and practice and practice to make it perfect and presentable. Now I love my handwriting (thanks Mom) and I always get compliments on it.

But I want to take it a step further. I have a few online classes bookmarked and a local one as well. The trouble is finding the time to sign up!

THREE Webdesign. I know literally 0% about what is happening on the online world. Which is pretty sad for a Graphic Designer. I need to step my game up. This is hopefully also in the works for this summer.

FOUR Run like a pro. I am just going to come right out and say I really don't like running. I have tried to like it, and given it second and third chances. I wish I could be one of those people who loved to run. But until then I will buy all the cute Nikes and keep practicing.

FIVE Say No. I read something once that said just because you can doesn't mean you should. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE working with my customers to make something awesome and custom. But I find myself getting the most worked up about things I just had no business saying yes to in the first place. This is more of a life skill, and believe me I am working on it!

I guess what it all amounts to is just making the time to learn new skills. Cameron and I decided last week we were going to cut out some of our TV time to learn new stuff over the summer and I am super excited about that!

What are some things you wish you could do?


5 comments:

  1. Just start sewing. You'll probably suck at it and make clothes that don't fit AT ALL....speaking from experience. But then you just figure it out and become addicted. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would involve having the time to research and purchase a sewing machine and learn how to fix another piece of equipment I will surely break. Any chance you want to move here and teach me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to learn how to sew as well! Or even to know how to fix a button that has come off of a shirt or when a shirt rips in the armpit....I hate always having to take it to my mom's house to get it fixed.

    Same with calligraphy! It's just so beautiful when done right, and I would love to learn. I mean, who WOULDN'T be excited to get some snail mail with their name written in gorgeous calligraphy??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I can kind of do a button but I know I am not doing it right and it almost always comes off and I end up having to do it again!


    I know right! I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sewing is definitely something that takes time. I don't know what Perla was doing whipping up that dress in one song. Seriously thank goodness the stepsisters ripped that thing up. ;)
    We should run together once a week or something! Your neighborhood is so perfect for it. It looks like a nice little circuit.

    ReplyDelete