Tuesday, May 6, 2014

DIY CHEVRON DRAWERS


I am so happy to be partnering with Logitech and sharing some DIY projects to help upgrade the office. You can read more about it & enter to win a really amazing prize pack in yesterday's post.

Today I am upgrading my Ikea MICKE drawer unit. This was one of the very first pieces we bought for the office area when we got married and were living in a small apartment. Since then it has served many uses, but when we changed to standing desks, it really didn't match the decor and look of the office.

So I thought I would make it into a statement piece using some of the contact paper that Logitech sent me {do you think I like that color turquoise or what} this is a very simple DIY and took me less than half an hour from start to finish.

Here is what you need...


I loved this contact paper because it had grids on the backside that made it super easy to cut straight. Here is the before picture of the unit. It's cute, but it needs some POP


So the first thing yo need to do is measure the drawers, I added an inch so I could wrap the ends around the sides, that way I wasn't SO worried about straight lines.


Then I measured to the middle of the drawer and made a little mark, that way I could line up the center chevron piece. Then I carefully laid it, made sure it was straight and then folded in the edges like I was wrapping a package.


Then I just repeated it on all of the drawers


Looks great right?! The awesome part is that it isn't stuck forever, so if you mess up, or get sick of it down the road just peel it up. And I even have some more to do some other projects with left over.


Then in all the unpacking from the festival this weekend, I decided to add the lanterns to the office. What do you think? Can't beat $2 from Target right?!


Don't forget about the giveaway!


3 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!! Coincidentally, that teal is also a color I use in my studio (alongside purple, of course). It'd be perfect if I had something to cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Where did you get that amazing contact paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so exciting to be able to find girls like you who have great hands & talents for diy :) keep doing that. some of your diys inspire me and I'm gonna do those too.

    ReplyDelete