Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TIP TUESDAY #29 // How to mix fonts

One of my most favorite things about graphic design is typography, mixing letters and arranging text into an art form.

noun
noun: typography
1.
the style and appearance of printed matter.


I get lots of requests for font & typography tips so here is a great little guide on how to mix fonts. This applies to anything whether typing up something basic, or re-designing your brand. {and as a little designer rule of thumb NEVER use more than three fonts at a time, that's just cray cray}


Fonts used in order starting with "How to": Raleway, Bombshell, Only You Pro in all caps, Thirsty Script, Marquee Solid, Bell Mt, Melany Lane, Outlaw, Luella & Ondise


12 comments:

  1. Pinned and taken to heart! Thanks for the pretty and useful tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell us the fonts you used here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just updated the post to add the names of the fonts!

      Delete
  3. The words opposites attract and mix fonts are both fonts by Emily Lime Designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Mix fonts" is in Bombshell by Emily Lime, but "opposites attract" is Ondise Magpie Paper Works!

      Delete
  4. This was good. I am a font-fanatic! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Where can we download the fonts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, but it didn't really tell me how. Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these tips! Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for ways to spruce up my pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "and don't forget that" font isnt listed. Do you happen to know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nicole, I love the font you used for your signature. Where could we download that?

    ReplyDelete