Tuesday, January 28, 2014

TIP TUESDAY #28 How To Add a Favicon to Your Blog

First off, what is a favicon? It is the little icon that represents your blog in the internet browser AND if someone wants to add the shortcut of your page to their iPhone or something, it's the icon that will show up there.

The default on the blogger layout is the blogger logo. Today's tip will help you customize it to your brand.


/// FIRST ///
You need to design your favicon, any small file square graphic will work. I usually do a 100x100 pixel graphic, with a 72 ppi, saved as a .png file. If you want a custom one, just shoot me an email I would be happy to send you a quote.

So once you have your graphic, you are ready for step 2

/// TWO ////
Go to your blog's layout page. At the top right next to your header is a box titled Favicon. If you have never messed with it you should also see the blogger "B" logo here. Click EDIT

/// THREE ///
Click BROWSE and upload your file. It has to be under 100KB to upload, you will get an error message if it it too big.

/// FOUR ///
Click SAVE, it may take an hour or so to update the Favicon but eventually it will be there.

Need help? As always, ask me in the comments and we will make it work for you!

P.S. Thanks for being my example Katy, I will make it up to you!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! The thing is, this served as a reminder to me today that I need to get mine changed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quote me please! gladisdeb24@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete