Tuesday, June 25, 2013

{TIP TUESDAY #15} BE BRAVE

Have you heard this song?
It is kind of my new anthem. I even designed a print for our studio to inspire me.


It can be applied to so many aspects of your life. But right now I am trying to use it to inspire my business. After a rough week and a particularly stressful couple of days Cam and I had a heart to heart talk about DBN and where it is headed. More and more he is having to take off work to help me keep up. I am having to turn down people who want rush, or custom orders and I haven't gotten to design many new things this year.

It is so hard to have a head full of ideas and no time at all to work from your inspiration.

Something has to change. I have to be BRAVE and take a hard look at something I am so close to. It can be hard to be critical of your own business, but it is so important to grow.

In the next week or so {don't worry we will give some warning} we are going to close to get caught up on some projects we are working on, revamp the store and have a grand reopening. It is time for me to focus on what I do best, my style and what is going to make me have more time for all the things that I love to do!

So look out,  for a whole new Designs by Nicolina, and I guess I just have to be Brave enough to trust that if I do what I love, others will love it to!

What do you have to be Brave about?


6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I did a very small make over recently. Hopefully by the end of the year, we will have more ducks in a row to go with a bigger make over. Good luck! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need! All of my ducks in a row :)

      Delete
  2. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!!!
    P.S.- Are you hiring? I'd work for cheap (free).

    ReplyDelete