Tuesday, June 11, 2013

{TIP TUESDAY #13} HOW I WORK ON THE GO!

When you run an Etsy shop the expectation is that you are waiting my your computer 24/7 waiting for someone to contact you. While this at the beginning may be true. At some point the hobby turns into a business, and it should be treated as such!

I try to keep business hours to keep me sane, I am not always but try to be done by 5. With Cams work schedule I work longer hours when he is at the firestation so we can spend extra time together on our days off. Throw in drs appts, picking up supplies, and doing regular household errands it it important for me to be able to work on the go.

I have my iPhone with me at all times, the Etsy app helps me stay connected to my shop and be able to answer convos, and check orders while I am out.

I have mentioned the blogGo app before! I am using it again while we are out running errands to work on this post! 

I use the new Mailbox app for email now and I LOVE IT! It works much better with attachments than the regular mail app so I can see what invite someone is referring to if they have a question.

There are of course some things that I just have to be at home to do! But it is awesome to be able to keep up with business on the go as well! 

What do you do to keep up on the go?



2 comments:

  1. My iPad Mini does the trick for me. It fits into quite a small handbag, wieghs next to nothing. And I can do most of my work on it. Getting a fast internet connection wherever I go - now that's the bit that I struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like your ipad mini? I am thinking about getting one as a gift

      Delete