Monday, June 17, 2013

NAUTICAL GRADUATION PARTY /// REAL PARTIES

My little sister graduated last month! And this weekend it was time to party! {Hence the lack of blog posts Thursday and Friday} I was elbow deep in nautical party prep!


She loves anchors and anything nautical so check out the invites I designed for her.


The main colors we used in the party were aqua and coral with touches of navy! We had the party at a local neighborhood clubhouse that overlooked a pool so it gave it a very nautical vibe.

 



We dressed up the mantel with netting, starfishes and a vintage style life preserver. We added the lantern for guests to put cards for her inside of. Then I designed an art print that showed off the anchor and 'class of 2013' on the invite, I made it standout by attaching it to some dark stained boards and added it to the mantle.

Here is a close up of the banner and sign



I made the sign using my Silhouette Machine {my new best friend} it helped me cut out all of the letters, anchors, and graduation hats with precision!

At the last min our good friend who always makes cakes for us couldn't come to the party. Sam's cupackes {they are so yummy and only $13.98 for a box of 30} + cute cupcake toppers made from my Silhouette Machine saved the day!



 Check out the seahorses and grabs with their graduation hats!


And to top it all off on the welcome table I did a sign with the hashtag info for guests to share their pics on instagram! {PS. there is another adorable crab, they totally stole the show}



 


Cassidy had tons of fun eating sweedish fish {her favorite}, and other nautical themed food items {think gummie octopus, goldfish + other beach-y food} We dances all night and had a blast!

Love you Cassie!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Everything looks so cute!!
    oXo
    Jenn
    www.thebrandiedpair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the best photographer in LA? Can anyone list out best ones for my graduation party?
    food for graduation party
       

    ReplyDelete