Wednesday, June 26, 2013

CLOSED FOR RENOVATION

I mentioned yesterday about needing to be BRAVE with my business. After stress filled weeks and a particularly overwhelming couple of days Cam and I decided that the best thing for DBN {and for us} is to take a hard look at the shop and make some changes.

So much has changed for us since I first started in 2010, I expanded into printing, I quit my day job, and now I am here, 3 years later and I have to really decide what I want this to be.

In the beginning it was all about filling my shop and making sales, and it has become increasingly apparent that I need to decide who I want to be as a designer and a shop owner. I need to find my true style, stick with it and trust that the right customers will still love me!

So here is the news.
I am breaking up into TWO shops:
Designs by Nicolina Paperie & DBNGraphics

Designs by Nicolina Paperie will continue to offer art prints, a smaller more curated selection of printed invites as well as stationary. Limiting my products will allow me more time for custom projects, and designing new things!

DBNGraphics [THE NEW SHOP] will offer ALL instant downloads. Party packs and elements to print and DIY. Instantly downloaded invites will be editable so you don't have to wait on me to fill them! PLUS this shop can stay open and active while I am on vacation, so no more having to worry about that!

I think this is the best thing to turn Designs by Nicolina into the best brand it can be. It will give me more time to spend with my family, and doing the things I love. I want to continue loving this business everyday and I don't want it to be a burden!

So here's to new things, and turning this into something that will last for a long time! Sorry for any inconvience the closure might cause.


PS. ALL ORDERS PLACED BEFORE JULY 1ST WILL BE SENT ON SCHEDULE!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Nic, what a great idea! And how inspiring you are!!!
    -Niki P

    ReplyDelete