Tuesday, May 7, 2013

{TIP TUESDAY #7} HOW TO ADD AN INSTAGRAM WIDGET TO YOUR BLOG

It's TIP TUESDAY on the blog and I am sharing how to add an INSTAGRAM widget to your blogger blog.


I have only been blogging for a little over 2 months now so I have been working on figuring out the ins and outs of it all. One thing I wanted was to add some more 'stuff' to my page. So I did some research on how to link my Instagram pics to my blog, and I figured it out! It is super easy so here is the step by step!

HOW TO ADD AN INSTAGRAM WIDGET TO YOUR BLOG

>>> 1. GO TO http://snapwidget.com/

>>> 2. LINK UP + CUSTOMIZE | link your username, any hashtags, if you prefer a grid, a slideshow {that's what I have} or a map, the size, you can even customize the color background of the widget, the space between each pic, and the effect that happens when someone hovers over it even.

>>> 3. GRAB THE CODE | a window will pop up with the code to your widget, copy it!

>>> 4. INSERT THE WIDGET | head to your blogger dashboard and click 'layout' --> 'add a gadget' --> choose the 'html + java script' box and copy your code into the box

>>> 5. PREVIEW IT! | Click preview before you save anything just to make sure all the sizing ect. is right, you can always go get a new code if you need to change the size or switch the way it is set up.

>>> 6. SAVE IT! | Now that is is all good, save the arrangement and share how awesome your blog looks with all of your friends!




8 comments:

  1. I just recently added the widget to my blog too. I love it, I've gained a lot of new instagram followers from it I think. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you now on Instagram too! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I just added this to my (very) new blog and it worked perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and letting me know it worked! I am following your very new blog now :)

      Delete
  3. I did it!! Thanks to you! even though I've been blogging for awhile I'm still "new" to all this so thank you!! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I was looking for. So easy - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, exactly what I needed :) Just added the widget to my blog!

    beautyvisions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Excellent post with excellent information. Thanks for sharing us, its very helpful for me. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing.
    website design

    ReplyDelete