Tuesday, April 30, 2013

{TIP TUESDAY #7} BE NICE

Today's Tip Tuesday is going to be short and sweet because I have a lot of orders and emails to get through today {and failed to plan ahead a whole lot this week}

It's all about being nice!
 



Everyone is busy, and I feel like the busier we get, the less importance we put on slowing down and being NICE. It takes 2 seconds to make someones day better or worse.

Believe me, I am not saying that there isn't a time or place to call someone out on something that is an issue {I have left seller's negative feedback, and sent my notes of disappointment} when the time called for it. But take a day, really think about it and then  if you still feel like you need to say something do!

I think this is especially an issue online. You can't see an Etsy sellers face when you send them a nasty message, you can't hear a blogger's voice when she responds to your negative comment. Think before you type. It goes back to the whole if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Who do you think you are helping with your negativity?

Here is the #1 rule that helps me deal with not nice online
>>> If you are nasty or mean, your message/email/comment gets answered last, your temper tantrum is not going to make me want to work faster. 

So take an extra min, say what you need to say but say it nice! You will be happier and so will everyone else around you!



No comments:

Post a Comment