Monday, April 22, 2013

THIS DAY IN HISTORY - APRIL 22, 2010

On this day in history, I went to work like it was a normal day.

But it was far from normal. There are lots of details that go into this day in our history so I will start from the beginning. There was a ring, rose petals, lies about where he was all day long {blew me off for lunch because he said he was getting a hair cut}, and he had our friends there to take pictures of the whole thing.

Cameron and I had been dating for a little over a year, we were friends first and have known each other for what seems like forever. On April 22nd, 2010 he pulled off the only thing that has ever really surprised me in my life {I am a find the hidden presents, skip to the end and ruin it for myself kind of girl}

When I left work with my friend Jenn {I thought we were just going to get some lunch} I thought 2 things: 1. Why is that person taking pictures? and 2. What am I stepping on? It seriously took a good 30 seconds for me to realize the photographer was Jordan {Jenn's fiance}, that he was taking pictures of me, and that I was stepping on a aisle of roses and petals sprinkled from the door of my work all the way down the sidewalk.


All the way down stopping at a vintage trolley that I have always wanted to have at my wedding. The trolley was holding a very nervous Cameron who was holding a little gray box...


The doors to the trolley opened and with a song playing, Cameron stepped out and got down on one knee.


And I said YES!!!!


Then we all hopped on the trolley and took a ride around the downtown area I worked in, and took some pictures around town.


After taking some pictures we met our families for dinner. It was the most beautiful day of my life. I cannot believe he surprised me. I had no idea, it was just a typical Thursday when I went to work, and my life has been different ever since, in the very best way!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how sweet. :)
    I'm a surprise-ruiner as well. I don't like waiting in anticipation for ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was so happy to be surprised! It helped I had NO idea it was coming!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your engagement! I saw you on B.You, and here I am checking out your blog. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete