Monday, December 31, 2012

See ya later 2012!



2012 was a HUGE year for Designs by Nicolina! I had no idea what to expect. Having spent most of 2011 trying to get my Etsy act together, figure out what sold, what kind of policies I should have, what wasn't important to spend time on and what wasn't important to spend my time on. I had several things I wished for going in to 2012. I didn't even imagine I would have the kind of year that I did.

In January I blew through my goal of having 1 order/ day {seems like small beans now, but it was my absolute dream!} getting 83 orders that month. My sales continued to go up up and UP!

By summer time Cameron {hubby} and I decided that the best thing for me to do would be to quit my day job and focus solely on my business. So in July I stopped getting regular paychecks to work from my little office at home - and it was the best decision we could have ever made.

I went from wishing to have 1 sale per day to having to work 5 days a week to keep up. With the help of Cam {my post office runner & book keeper} I was able to focus on designing and production.

I introduced the art prints to my shop early Fall and they have been an amazing addition to the shop! Helping me keep strong sales through November and December finishing off the year with an amazing customer base who keep coming back.

So here is where December ends - me, sitting in my studio {studio tour coming next month} completely overwhelmed with the love and support I have gotten from my friends and customers, shocked that my little Etsy shop I opened on a whim in 2010 is no enough to where I can stay at home and do what I love, and EXCITED for 2013 and the things to come for Designs by Nicolina!

2013 is going to be an amazing year! Look for more blog posts, more DIY projects and more ME!

XO. NICOLE

No comments:

Post a Comment